Well, we’ve almost reached the end of class, so this week we gave our final presentations.
I’ll take you through some of my presentation here…
My project is called Disco Giggle, it’s a comedy discovery service.
Here is the problem that I am trying to solve. I wrote this problem statement after performing user and competitor research.
For my user research, I interviewed 11 people. This was a combination of in person interviews and online surveys. I started asking people to fill out a survey I created in Google Forms, but after a couple of responses, I found people were not giving me that much information. So instead, I talked to people over Facebook messenger or Gchat and filled in the survey myself with the things they were saying. People were much more open with me in a conversation setting.
I affinity mapped the results of my user research. This helped me draw out the common behaviours, goals and problems.
From my affinity mapping, I pulled together two personas. A casual comedy fan, and a comedy enthusiast. They each have a lot of similar pain points and goals, but their behaviours are different. I think separating out the enthusiasts will be really useful for some features I have ideas for later.
In thinking about how to solve the problem in my problem statement, I created a concept diagram. (You can see some initial sketches of this here) This shows how users will be able to curate a list of comedians they’ve rated; read about them, keep up to date with their gigs. They will also receive suggestions of comedians and gigs that they might liked (based on general recommendations and their own preferences)
Next up, I talked through some of my User Flows…
Next, here are my wireframes, through from initial sketches to Balsamiq layouts.
Then I talked about my prototype, which you can see here, and the initial user testing I have done.
Initial feedback has been good, but of course there is lots of work still to do!
The feedback I had to my presentation was really good. The only bad points are that I haven’t done very much usability testing yet, but that is still to come! Overall I’m really happy with how far the project has come, and how the skills I’ve learned have helped me develop the idea. The teacher Joe, and the two TAs, Sarah and Austin were all very complimentary about my project and my presentation. I’m excited to take it further!